A rich and chocolatey tiramisu made with layers of creamy mascarpone, cocoa powder, and hot chocolate soaked Biscoff cookies.
- Author: Ashley
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 6-7 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup prepared hot chocolate, room temperature
- 24-30 Biscoff cookies or lady fingers
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment (or a handheld mixer). Mix egg mixture for 2-3 minutes on medium-high, until it is of a thick consistency and looks pale. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites on high until soft peaks form.
- Fold in mascarpone cheese, vanilla and salt to egg yolk mixture until lumps are no longer visible. Follow by folding in the egg whites, being careful to not over mix.
- Cover the bottom of six serving dishes with a scoop of the egg mixture. Follow by dipping a cookie into the hot chocolate and place on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle a small amount of cocoa powder on top. Repeat the layers until you reach the desired amount in each serving dish. Top with cocoa powder and a cookie (or two).
- Place the tiramisus in the fridge for two hours before serving, to allow the cookies to soak in the flavor. You can allow the tiramisu to sit in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0