No-Churn Coconut Ice Cream
This no-churn coconut ice cream is rich, creamy, and full of coconut flavor. Plus, it's so easy to make. You don't even need to have an ice cream maker!
- Author: Ashley
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Freezing Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Thai
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 3-4 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut flakes, sweetened
- toasted coconut
- mint, optional
- With a mixer, mix together eggs and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the egg and sugar mixture into a double boiler (or try this instead) over medium-high heat. Stir the mixture continuously for 8 to 10 minutes or until it has reached a thick consistency (similar to that of custard). Allow to cool for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, mix the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold in coconut milk and flaked coconut.
- Add the egg and sugar mixture along with the vanilla beans (vanilla extract) and coconut extract. Gently combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour into containers and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 8 hours or until firm.
- Serve with toasted coconut and garnish with mint, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
Keywords: coconut,ice cream,no churn,summer,