Crispy Chicken Schnitzel
Chicken Schnitzel is a traditional Austrian dish made up of thin cutlets of chicken that are panko-breaded and lightly pan-fried. The chicken turns out juicy and crispy - an easy and delicious recipe that the family is sure to love!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Austrian
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- lemon and parsley, for garnish
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound with a meat tenderizer until 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls. Stir garlic powder into the bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs, making sure the chicken is evenly coated. Shake off excess breadcrumbs. (Follow the tips mentioned in the blog post for keeping the breading on.)
- Place coated chicken (2 or 3 pieces at a time) on the skillet, cooking about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer cooked chicken to a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet while you finish cooking the rest.
- Serve chicken with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh parsley. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0