This over-the-top Sweet and Salty Milkshake, inspired by NYC burger joint Black Tap, is so fun and easy to make! Complete with a frosted rim, peanut butter shake, and candy toppings, you're sure to impress anyone you serve this iconic shake to.
1 jumbo sourdough pretzel
1/2 cup chocolate melting wafers
2 tablespoons mini M&Ms
2 tablespoons chocolate frosting
1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
1/3 cup M&Ms
2 pretzel rods
3 mini Reeses peanut butter cups
1 Sugar Daddy
2 tablespoons caramel syrup
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, divided
1/3 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
can of whipped cream
1. Melt chocolate wafers, 30 seconds at a time, in a microwave-safe bowl stirring after each interval. Dip a pretzel in chocolate and sprinkle with mini M&Ms. Place on a parchment paper-lined plate and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 10-20 minutes.
2. Spread chocolate frosting on the rim of the milkshake glass. Follow with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Place M&Ms on a plate and roll frosted glass on the candies until fully coated.
3. Drizzle chocolate syrup inside the milkshake glass. Using a blender, blend together milk, ice cream, and peanut butter until the milkshake is well blended.
4. Pour the milkshake into the coated glass. Frost one side of each Reeses cup with peanut butter. Place onto the rim of the glass. Place pretzel rods in the glass.
5. Top the milkshake with a pile of whipped cream (use a lot, so it can hold the rest of the toppings!)
6. Stick the Sugar Daddy (or, in my case, Butterfinger) and chocolate pretzel into the whipped cream. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel syrups.
7. Add a straw and enjoy immediately!
1. Don't be afraid to use different toppings. I couldn't find Sugar Daddys at the store, so I opted for Butterfingers.
2. The jumbo sourdough pretzels can be hard to balance in the whipped cream, so it might be worth substituting those with mini pretzels. This is your chance to get creative and adapt the shakes to what you like!
3. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Keywords: milkshake, dessert, blacktap, peanut butter, candy
Find it online: https://wanderzestblog.com/sweet-salty-milkshake/