Coquito is the perfect delicious and creamy holiday drink. A "Puerto Rican eggnog" made with coconut milk and spices, this virgin twist on the drink is sure to be a hit at any party!
14 fluid ounce can sweetened condensed milk
12 fluid ounce can evaporated milk
2 - 13.5 fluid ounce cans coconut milk
2 cups cream of coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon rum extract
1. Add all ingredients to a blender, reserving one can of coconut milk for later.
2. Blend ingredients until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Transfer coquito to a pitcher. Taste and add the additional can of coconut milk until desired taste has been reached.
4. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving (the colder the better.)
5. Pour into glasses and top with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg, cinnamon stick, and star anise, if desired, before serving.
1. Recipe can be made vegan by swapping out sweetened condensed milk for sweetened condensed coconut milk, and swapping out the evaporated milk for non-dairy milk such as almond milk.
2. Do not mix up the cream of coconut with coconut cream. Coconut cream is not sweetened and has a very different consistency.
3. Coquito can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week in an airtight container.
Keywords: holiday, drink, puerto rico, eggnog