This Cheese Grits recipe is Southern comfort food at it's finest. Creamy, rich, and cheesy, grits makes an excellent breakfast or dinner side dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick grits
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine broth, milk, and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat to simmering.
- Add the grits slowly while stirring. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove the lid and stir for 1-2 minutes. Grits will be tender when done. Replace lid and allow to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in pepper, butter and cheese.
- Top with additional cheese and butter before serving, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
Keywords: comfort food,corn,grits,southern food,