This Cheese Grits recipe is Southern comfort food at it's finest. Creamy, rich, and cheesy, grits makes an excellent breakfast or dinner side dish.
Blog burnout (or should I say mom burnout?) is REAL! For the past month, I have decided to take a break from my blog. I was starting to feel the pressure of being a mom (and keeping my 14-month-old out of trouble), working part-time, managing a business, and maintaining my blog. It was really starting to weigh on me.
In September, I stayed with my sister in South Carolina for two weeks. Let’s just say it was a much-needed break! It felt so good to be able to take a break from work/blogging for a while. Since coming home from that trip, I have felt so refreshed. Plus, I have loads of new recipe ideas inspired by the South that I want to share with you! Including today’s recipe!
Living in the Southwest, obviously, true Southern cuisine is not as familiar to me (i.e. grits). So my first time ever trying grits was in South Carolina. Luckily, you don't have to live in the South to enjoy this super easy cheese grits! Loaded with milk, butter, chicken broth, and cheese, this grits is so flavorful and creamy. Grits makes an excellent breakfast or as a side dish for fried chicken at dinner. It really is the perfect comfort food that will leave you wanting more.
Ingredients in Cheese Grits:
- Chicken broth
- Quick grits
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheese Grits:
- Combine broth, milk, and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat.
- Add the grits slowly. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until grits is tender and thickened.
- Stir in pepper, butter, and cheese.
- Top with additional cheese and butter before serving, if desired.
You’ll also love these breakfast recipes:
- Strawberry Crepes with Cream Cheese Filling
- Belgian Liege Waffles with Cookie Butter
- Crème Brûlée French Toast
- Strawberry Nutella Crepes
- Japanese Pancakes