Happy Valentine's Day! So, what are your plans tonight? Are you going out for a fancy dinner? Or staying home for a nice night in? Jacob and I keep it real classy with a lovely little dinner of frozen lasagna (Honestly, who wants to cook on Valentine's Day though?), garlic bread, and black forest cake. And maybe I'll even talk him into watching a chick flick with me. I love Valentine's Day, but really just because it's an excuse for me to eat good food and spend time with the hubby.
Speaking of good food, today's recipe is exactly what you need to complete your Valentine's Day! Whether you are single, dating, married, or whatever your situation is, everyone's Valentine's Day needs a big bowl of silky, smooth chocolate. Amiright? This recipe is sooo super easy to make too, which means you won't be spending a bunch of time cooking in the kitchen and you'll be able to spend more time enjoying some chocolate dipped pretzels.
Side note, did you know chocolate fondue is not Swiss? It is purely an American dessert. I'm embarrassed to admit that that didn't even occur to me until Jacob and I traveled to Switzerland and chocolate fondue was no where to be found on any menu. Did anyone else ever think that? No? Just me? But...in Switzerland they do love their Swiss cheese fondue, especially with little baby potatoes. It's so yummy! Oh, the things you learn when you travel...
If you didn't have plans tonight, you do now! Do yourself a favor and make tonight a chocolate fondue night with your sweetheart, roommates, friends, yourself, your cat or whoever else you wish to invite! After all, Valentine's Day is not complete without chocolate.Print
Chocolate Fondue is a fun and easy dessert experience! This no-fuss recipe is silky smooth and decadent, perfect for a variety of dipping options.This dessert is sure to be at hit at an party.
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 12 ounces Ghiradelli chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp butter
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk ingredients until they are all melted and mixed together. Serve with an assortment of dippers including strawberries, bananas, pretzels, vanilla wafers, marshmallows, etc.
- Adapted from Clover Lane Blog.
- For the chocolate, I used 8 ounces of milk chocolate and 4 ounces of the 72% cacao chocolate. You can use whatever combination you prefer!
- Leftover fondue can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the fondue in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute or until warm.
- Chocolate fondue could be a great addition in cookies, brownies, cake, etc.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
Another chocolate favorite to try.
Leave a Reply