This copycat frozen butterbeer recipe tastes just like the drink you can get at Universal Studios. It is so easy to make at home and only has 3 ingredients!
Perhaps, one of the most iconic foods from the Harry Potter universe is butterbeer. One sip of this sweet, buttery drink will instantly transport you to Hogsmeade. And this time it comes with a frozen twist! I can guarantee you've never tried anything like this (unless you've been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, of course!)
- Cream soda
- Butterscotch syrup
- Whipping cream
- Freeze the cream soda in ice cube trays.
- Use a mixer to make the whipped cream topping.
- Pour soda, soda ice cubes, and butterscotch syrup into a blender and mix together.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream topping.
Butterbeer is made of a simple combination of cream soda, butterscotch syrup, and whipping cream.
🍹 More Drink Recipes
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Mexican Horchata
- Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice
- Hibiscus Herbal Iced Tea
- Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think! I’d love it if you could add a star rating ★ and a comment below. Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!Print
Copycat Frozen Butterbeer
Bring the magic of Harry Potter to your home, and watch your childhood come to life, with this easy copycat frozen butterbeer recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Freezing Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 liters cream soda
- 8 tablespoons butterscotch syrup, divided
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Pour cream soda into ice cube trays (you can use as much soda for the ice as you would like, but I would recommend having at least half of the soda unfrozen for the drinks). Freeze the soda until completely frozen; this will take a few hours.
- Make the whipped cream topping by mixing the whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of the butterscotch syrup with an electric mixer. Mix on high for a couple of minutes until the topping has reached a thick consistency.
- After the topping has been made, pour the remaining soda, ice cubes, and butterscotch syrup into a blender. Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream topping. Serve immediately.
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
Keywords: butterbeer, Harry Potter
Laurie Koster says
We made this yesterday and it was outstanding! The 2 servings actually worked for 3 smaller sizes, if needed.
I am so glad you liked it Laurie! It's a great way to cool off! 🙂