Soft and fluffy Garlic Butter Breadsticks that are 100% made from scratch, and oh-so-easy to make! Topped with a flavorful garlic butter, and baked until lightly golden, these breadsticks are the perfect side for soups, salads, and pasta.
Raise your hand if you like to take the easy route when it comes to weeknight dinners. And by easy route, I mean buying refrigerated bread dough, rolling it into breadsticks, and plopping it in the oven. I don't know about you, but after a long day of working and chasing after a little one, the last thing I want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen making dinner.
Enter: Garlic Butter Breadsticks.
These breadsticks require only a few simple ingredients, which you probably already have on hand, and the dough can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Yes, they do require a bit of rising time (1 hour 20 minutes to be exact), but don't let that intimidate you! The dough can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or you can let it rise while you make the rest of your dinner. Either way, they are a cinch to make! And once you take that first buttery bite you'll realize they were so worth those few extra minutes of prep work.
What's in Garlic Butter Breadsticks?
- Butter: Salted or unsalted can be used. If you use salted butter, you'll want to adjust the amount of additional salt added, as I used unsalted butter in the recipe.
- Salt: Don't forget this one ingredient! Salt helps to enhance the other flavors in the breadsticks.
- Instant yeast: Any type of yeast can be used, but I love how quick and easy instant yeast is to use! You don't have to worry about dissolving it before adding additional ingredients.
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning: You can use Italian seasoning or make your own with equal parts basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
How to Make Garlic Butter Breadsticks
- Mix together water, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in the melted butter. Continue adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Let the mixer knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces, roll into long breadstick shapes, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Combine the topping ingredients and brush on top of warm breadsticks.
You’ll also love these other bread recipes.
- Japanese Milk Bread
- Light and Fluffy Brioche Bread
- Garlic and Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Greek Easter Bread
- Quick and Easy Soda Bread