Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Goat Cheese is topped with a layer of creamy goat cheese, juicy roasted tomatoes, and drizzled with sweet balsamic reduction. It's an appetizer that everyone is sure to love!
First off, where in the world did the summer go? Is it really the middle of August already?! Honestly, how did that even happen? I'm not quite ready for it to be over yet...
Second, Jacob and I have some exciting news to share with you!! We are closing on our first house in less than ONE week! So, if it seems like I've been MIA quite a bit, this is the reason. After living in an apartment for four years together, we decided it's finally time for us to purchase a home. I'm pretty giddy with excitement to say the least! We've also made the decision to head back down to Southern Utah (I've missed it so much!), but this time we are planning on staying a while. While we absolutely adore Salt Lake City (I mean who doesn't love the gorgeous mountains?), Jacob's new business has been doing so well that we've decided it's time for us to relocate. Needless to say, life has been crazy busy for us lately.
I'm excited to share a new recipe that I've had in the works, inspired by one of my favorite countries: Italy. I have always been a huge fan of bruschetta. Whenever I am at a restaurant that offers bruschetta, I usually have to order some. I love it. I think it must be the combination of the fresh bread, tomatoes, and the balsamic vinegar glaze that I just can't seem to turn down. It's so simple and so delicious. Who's with me?
Since summer isn't over just yet, I consider tomatoes to technically still be in season. Hence a recipe for bruschetta is in order. But this bruschetta isn't just any old bruschetta that you'd get at any old restaurant. This bruschetta is slathered with a rich layer of goat cheese, topped with mouth-watering roasted tomatoes, and drizzled with a sweet and tangy balsamic reduction. If you've never had bruschetta like this before, your life will instantly be changed after trying one bite.
My favorite part about this bruschetta recipe is the fact that it is bursting with flavor. Nothing boring here! Plus, if you aren't a huge fan of goat cheese (it definitely requires a bit of an acquired taste) you can easily substitute it for another spreadable cheese. Maybe even cream cheese? Whichever way you decide to enjoy this bruschetta, I know that you are going to love it!
You'll also love these appetizers!
Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Goat Cheese
Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Goat Cheese is topped with a layer of creamy goat cheese, juicy, roasted tomatoes, and drizzled with sweet balsamic reduction. It's an appetizer that everyone is sure to love!
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Roundups
- Cuisine: Italian
- 10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- basil, fresh or dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tomatoes and spread out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Lay sliced French bread pieces on another baking sheet and spread with olive oil.
- Bake tomatoes for 20 minutes or until well roasted. Halfway through baking the tomatoes, place sliced French bread in for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place goat cheese and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix with a hand-held mixer until well blended and creamy.
- To make balsamic reduction, place vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Vinegar is done once it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Spread a thick layer of cheese on bread. Top with tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Sprinkle basil on top. Serve immeditately.
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0