30 minutes is all you need to make these Instant Pot sweet pork tacos! Loaded up with all of your favorite toppings, you'll have these fresh and flavorful tacos on the dinner table in no time.
Who LOVES tacos? I am a huge fan of any and all tacos, especially when they are loaded with tons of fresh ingredients - avocados, tomatoes, cheese, basically everything that makes a taco so tasty, which also perfectly fits the description for the sweet pork tacos in today's recipe!
These sweet pork tacos are inspired by my cruise to Mexico last February. We had a port of call in Cancun, and I got to try true Mexican tacos for the first time ever. They were taco perfection. Homemade tortillas, fresh pico de gallo, creamy guacamole, sweet marinated pork, seriously though, taco perfection. I really don't think I'll ever go back to the hard shell, mediocre American tacos ever again.
Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration. Because let's be honest, those ones are seriously easy (this is my favorite way to make them!) to make and they taste pretty good. So maybe I'll just stick with keeping both in the dinner rotation.
I'm going to be brutally honest with you. These sweet pork tacos aren't 100% authentic. I mean, have you ever heard of Mexican street tacos that have pork marinated in Coke and cooked in an Instant Pot? I didn't think so. So if you are looking for something more authentic, then this definitely isn't the recipe for you. But, on the other hand I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed! Plus, they are made in the Instant Pot! Win!
This pork is not too sweet and not too spicy, it has just the right amount of flavor so it doesn't overpower the other toppings. Plus, it is made in the Instant Pot in 30 minutes! It's so easy to make, and it's seriously addicting. I'm pretty sure I had at least four of these tacos when I made these for dinner. Not even joking.
When it comes to these tacos, I love to keep it real simple with avocado, pico de gallo, and queso fresco. But you can really use whatever toppings you like!
Do me a favor and celebrate Taco Tuesday this week with these tacos and this traditional Mexican drink. Okay?
More Mexican Inspired Recipes to Try
- Sweet Pork Sheet Pan Nachos
- Instant Pot Refried Black Beans
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
- Authentic Guacamole
- Pico de Gallo
Instant Pot Sweet Pork Tacos
60 minutes is all you need to make these sweet pork tacos! Loaded up with all of your favorite toppings, you'll have these fresh and flavorful tacos on the dinner table in no time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Inactive Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hours
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Roundups
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2-3 pounds pork roast
- 1 cup Coke
- 1 can red enchilada sauce, 10 oz
- 1 can diced green chiles, 4 oz
- 1 cup brown sugar
- white corn tortillas
- canola oil
- pico de gallo
- queso fresco
- Cut pork roast into several chunks. Place in the Instant Pot.
- Combine the Coke, enchilada sauce, chiles, and brown sugar in a blender. Pour 2 cups of the sauce in the Instant Pot, and reserve the remaining liquid.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set to manual and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Let the Instant Pot do a natural release.
- Remove ¾ cups of liquid from the Instant Pot. Using two forks, shred the pork. Add the reserved liquid from earlier.
- In a medium frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil over medium-high heat. Fry a tortilla until lightly browned on both sides. Repeat from remaining tortillas.
- Top tortillas with the sweet pork, and garnish with sliced avocado, pico de gallo, and queso fresco.
Adapted from: 5 Boys Baker
- Serving Size: 1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0